The Tiffin Historic Trust, Inc.'s headquarters are located in the Grammes- Brown House, located on 172 Jefferson Street, Tiffin, OH 44883. The elegant, nine-room Second Empire home was erected in 1884 by a local confectioner and baker, Peter Grammes. Fine woodwork, antiques, treasures and collections belonging to three generations fill the Victorian-Era house.
In 1988, the property was donated to Tiffin Historic Trust, Inc. by the late Rosina Brown, granddaughter of the home's builder, with the provision that the Trust maintain and preserve the property's historic and architectural significance.
There are many wonderful features about the house to appreciate: the handmade oak woodwork, the pocket doors, the newel post, the Grandfather Clock imported from Germany. In the parlor, there are numerous original artifacts belonging to the Grammes-Brown family, such as the Wedgewood China, mantle figurines, the fretwork between the Music Room and The Parlor. Several of the dolls owned by the Grammes children have been resorted and displayed in the Toy Room. The house and garden have been maintained to reflect the dignity of their past.
Join us for a guided tour to enjoy the Victorian-style home! Email us
if you would like to schedule a party, photo session or tour.